Monday, July 6, 2009

Preparing the Trip... Part I

Preparing a Big Trip needs to be done many months before, a huge preparation. Choosing to leave everything behind and traveling with the most basic stuff is actually a pretty overwhelming challenge!

I have two months left an I feel a bit lost. Where should I start? Between canceling memberships, following up with the banks, insurances, calculating budgets... Many things to do and think about and so little time.

Also, for years.. I have always been the "collector" kind of guy. The guy who would never throw anything, thinking it could be useful again in the future. You can imagine the mess in my room he he. And now, I have to clean up and throw most of my stuff, give them away, and even better, sell them so I could have extra cash for my travels!

In fact, to start completing what has to be done, it is quite simple:

- First, make a clear list of plans, goals and to-do lists for the next 2 months with, if possible, a deadline for each item on the list.
-Once the list is done, start immediately by taking steps towards clearing it. Every day. Even the smallest step is better than sitting and wondering where to start.
-Self-discipline is the key to achieve those goals. Nobody could really force you to do these things unless YOU decide to do it. Motivate yourself, keep a clear track of your goals and how they advance and get excited about where you are heading. It's always the first few steps that are the hardest.
- Try to start with the biggest and most boring tasks. When time becomes short, you will not be able to clear up those items and panic will strike! Get it done and enjoy the last month without rushing yourself.

I guess it's about time I stop procrastinating and kick myself to start doing what I definitely need to do. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment