Sunday, July 5, 2009

It all begins...

Every once in a while, we all have our life changing experiences. Something, like an event, or an encounter can trigger a transformation within us that would draw a new path towards new horizons.

I had this trigger last month, after I came back from the fantastic pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago in Spain.

For the past 5 years, I am having a comfortable life, with a stable job, a nice salary, a home, my family and many friends around me in the UAE. I enjoyed it as much as I could.


But I still find it a very limiting life experience. I feel like a bird in a golden cage. I am not satisfied with the job I do, even though it pays my bills well. I am not satisfied with the “posh” lifestyle of the country and the extra comfort provided to us which tends to turn people into lazy beings.


I dream of freedom, of wide open spaces and discovery. I seek knowledge, new cultures. I seek Nature, the beauty of a majestic mountain, or the richness of a forest. I just seek Simplicity.


To get straight to the point, I have finally decided to take a step towards this freedom and follow the dreams and passion I have been cultivating for the past 2 years. In exactly 2 months, I will be leaving my comfort and going on an adventure of a lifetime.

Travelling around the world, with my backpack containing just what I need, and my Camera on my side. I dream to be a renowned travel and nature photographer, able to send a message to Humanity concerning the environment issues, and sharing different cultures with the World.


Big dreams I know, but I am confident and trust my capacity. I have Faith and Passion!


This blog will be my “travel journal” that I’d share with friends, family, and the whole world. I hope you’ll follow me through my journey, share the good (and bad) moments with me and always encourage me whenever doubt hits.


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment