Thursday, August 20, 2009

31 years later... Better than ever!

31 years ago, I took my first breath in this World.

The first act of love I was given was a slap on the ass (So i could breath? yeah right! Torture!).. Fortunately, it got better and better over the years!

Yesterday, my friends all gathered to celebrate my first breath.
Setting? A small private room in a Japanese restaurant in Abu Dhabi (UAE) packed with 13 fun people all around a small table covered with sushis, sashimis and bottles of sake.
I had a truly wonderful birthday night thanks to them.

I left France 5 years ago to come back to the UAE for work. I was a "wreck".. I had gone through a depression, I had gained so much weight, I had lost my self-confidence.
Over those 5 years, I came to meet all those amazing people I am surrounded by today. They all gave me some of their love, they all gave me some of their time and they all helped me become the person I am today.
The best gift I have received was not the Tri-Jellyfisting Gorillapod (don't try to understand), not the NatGeo camera bag, not the small Icon from Ainteb.. Not even the 50D DSLR (you guys are insane! Thank you!)... The best gift was their presence, their smiles, their kind words and all the love they gave to me because today, I wouldn't be what I am without them.

I will miss you all, very much. And I will keep a part of each one of you with me in all my travels.

To all my friends in the UAE, to all my friends outside in the world or on internet: I love you all :)

And last but surely not least.. Thank you to my family, their support, their understanding and thank you parents for bringing me to this wonderful world!
You just could've beaten the crap out of that doctor who slapped me! ;)

3 comments:

  1. dear daniel!
    we have spend the wohloe daz on the tain yesterdaz, driving from bankgok to chang mai in thr north, so i could not write you and I wa not present at your birthdaz either...but: I was thinking of you and your birthday and your plans and world tour and our visit in abu dhabi...:-)
    when you come to see me in bamberg, iwill bake a cake for you :-)
    big hug to you,
    lilli

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, im so sorry for the mad spelling..it is a different typing system here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daniel,

    I guess some people have it and some people dont!!!
    Depression???? is the MEANING of Dubai, To me (at least); I too went through a great cycle of torture before deciding to leave...

    I loved your pictures of Baalbeck (never seen anything not "cliche" of Baalbeck)

    Im gonna be following your blog, definitely... Im just very curious where can Life be taking you!!!!!
    By the way, How did YOU find out about my blog???

    ReplyDelete